Disable Tape Deck but Keep EQ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrSony

Reaction score
Is it possible?
My eq cassette is stuck in tape mode and is constantly clicking. Can I clip a wire or something to keep the radio eq amplification without the tape being active?
1990 k1500.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
It's possible, but the better solution imo would be to fix the tape deck that most likely just needs a new drive belt. There's no wire you can clip externally that will not also disable the EQ. HOWEVER, if you take the top cover off of the tape deck/EQ assembly, there's a short line of wires going from the circuit board on the left to the vertical tape deck board on the right - disconnect that cable and you'll disconnect the tape deck without touching the EQ side of things.

MrSony

Reaction score
It's possible, but the better solution imo would be to fix the tape deck that most likely just needs a new drive belt. There's no wire you can clip externally that will not also disable the EQ. HOWEVER, if you take the top cover off of the tape deck/EQ assembly, there's a short line of wires going from the circuit board on the left to the vertical tape deck board on the right - disconnect that cable and you'll disconnect the tape deck without touching the EQ side of things.
Thanks that worked :D
the tape mechanism is beyond saving after a fight with a screwdriver and pliers to get my tape out, i just wanted to be able to hear the radio again. Thanks :D