Super7's 1995 C1500 "Street Addiction"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

super7

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

We bought this truck in July 2009 as we needed a second daily driver. My wife has always wanted a street truck. A RCSB is what she wanted, however we have a few kid's and the extended cab was needed. When we brought the truck home it had fibreglass running boards and a 5th wheel tailgate. The plan was the get it lowered right away but we needed to use our funds elsewhere first. The first mod was a glass roll pan as it was dead inventory at my shop.

We cruised the local craigslist looking for some different wheels as we knew we needed at least a 17 to clear the control are once lowered. One day the wife found these eagles for $400.00. They had tires on them, however they did need to be replaced soon. We also found a decent tailgate for $100.00 which ment the 5th wheel gate went to the way side.

super7

Reaction score
The second upgrade was an exhaust system as it needed to sound a little meaner. We bought a flowmaster dual rear/side exit system with a 40 series muffler. For the time being I ran the exhaust out the rear but I knew it would need to be moved once lowered.

I have a friend that work's at a local custom wheel shop that found a set of wheels in there warehouse that he knew would fit the truck. I had the wife go look at them to see it was something she liked and ended up that she said they were ok for the price. We paid $400.00 for these Ultra Platinum Sentinal's. They were 20x9 and full of chrome.

While we had a customers 454SS truck at the shop, my tech told the owner about the wheels. Well he showed him the rims and he liked them. I told the guy that they belonged to wife and it was up to her if she wanted to sell them. Keep in mind they were still in boxes as we hadn't bought tires for them yet. Well a few weeks went by and he brought his truck in for some more work and my wife happened to be there. Well he asked if we wanted to sell them yet, so I looked at my wife and asked if she wanted to sell them. By this time I had found out the backspace on the wheels wouldn't work with a 4/6 drop. She decided to sell them so I told the customer we wanted $400.00 and his wheels. Well ended up he thought i meant $400 per wheel and brought me back $1600.00. While this was going on my wife had taken the rims to the tire shop so he could get his tires put on and that she could bring back our new wheels. All in all I think we came out ahead on this deal and I now rock his 20's on our truck today as they tuck with the 5/7 drop she has. More to come on that.

The new Boss 335 20x8.5 wheels in black that we got in trade.

super7

Reaction score
I pieced together our lowering kit. It use's DJM 2" drop spindles, SSC 3" drop springs, Belltech nitrodrop front shocks, DJM 6" flip kit, DJM rear shocks and Belltech 1" drop shackles. All in all it cost me $700.00 for all of it.

These were taken just before I started to lower the front end. Yes that is a 2" cowl hood on there now. The hood cost us $260.00.

The new spindles.

The SSC spring beside the stock spring.

I didn't take any pictures of the process of lowering it and well I didn't have any helpers around to take pictures either. What I do have is some pictures of the front finished and the truck back in the parking lot.

Last edited:

super7

Reaction score
Since the rear lowering isn't as greasy as the front I was able to take some pictures during the work. However I didn't take very many, sorry guys.

The drop shackles weren't done right away they were installed later as i wasn't happy with the height of the rear.

I was a long day and I had grabbed a few pictures once it was done. The following day I took a few more and that was when i decided to add 1" drop shackles.

Yes what you see is correct, while doing the rear kit the frame got a small tweek. This has since been fixed. Who doesn't like having to do work twice.

super7

Reaction score

After the lowering kit was installed I started looking at the body work that needed to be done. The original owner of the truck towed a 5th wheel with it. The box had the 8 holes in the floor where the rails were mounted and a 2" hole in the driver side where the 7 prong plug was mounted. It also looked like he had dropped the 5th wheel on the bed rails as they were pretty wavy and dented up. I found another box on craigslist for $150.00 which also came with a tailgate and i ended up selling my original box $100.00.

We now have a Leer 700 tonneau cover on the back of our truck. I had a customer come in and he no longer wanted his cover, however he did want a tool box so I traded him his cover for a toolbox. The cover is off of the 99-07 body style. The cover is a little long by only a 1/2 inch, this was easy to hide and side to side it was a 1/4 wider and you don't even now that. We also have the 20's on the truck now, which are wrapped in Nexen 275/35ZR20 tires. These last few pictures were taken at the begining of July 2010, three weeks before the 1 year aniversery.

super7

Reaction score
The second weekend of July 2010 we installed the amp and subs we bought for $500.00. I had to rewrap the box in a grey carpet as it had a blue on it before. With the help of a buddy and the better part of a sunday afternoon the box and subs were installed.

It has now been a year since we have owned the truck and its progress has been fairly quick. Now it's time to get the rest of the goodies i have for it on it.

In my basement I have a 94+ GMC grille, street scene chome mesh grille insert, street scene bumper cover and lower valance, matching chome mesh insert for the valance and a set of fog lights. I already installed the Anzo 3rd gen black tail lights in the back of the truck, I'll get some pictures of those.

super7

Reaction score
I drew a pencil rendering of the truck on a blank sheet of paper and made a bunch of copies and the wife and I have been screwing around with some color choices. If some of you would like to use the rendering for yourself just give me a PM.

I haven't uploaded all of the renderings yet but these next 3 were my doing.

This last one my wife did and I like to color choice's.

A magenta / silver combo.