Stuck trailer hitch lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
End of winter or so I picked up a new trailer hitch and it came with a locking pin to prevent someone taking it, the lock is on one end of the pin that holds it in, has a cap you take off then unlock it with a key it unlocks but it won't come off is there a trick? Tried some WD-40, can get pics of it in the morning if it helps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
are you turning it the right way? is it siezed/rusted? is the key the right one?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you turning it the right way? is it siezed/rusted? is the key the right one?

When you un-lock it the center pops out which its doing and if you turn the key one way it comes out and stays un-locked or if you turn it the other way its still unlocked and the key stays in, so sprayed it with WD-40, it locks un-locks fine just can't get it off

Grinder+Cutoff Wheel=Solution

Might have to do that

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MNZ71

Reaction score
The one I have you put the key in and keep turning it. The end of the pin screws off as you turn the key. Could be the same? :shrug:

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like what mine does. Unlocking it allows those 3 little balls to push in inside the lock part. I bet they are frozen in place.
Unlock and tap with a hammer then soak lock mechanism in PB Blaster after it comes off.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I bought a hitch with one and no key so I sawzalled it right off in about 30 seconds