stuck throttle = dead engine? ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusnoetos

Reaction score
Well repairs going well until I over tightened one of the bolts on the timing cover and it broke:doh2:. I really did not try to torque it hard. (maybe a defective bolt or the cold got to it - was around 12°F when it happened) Boy drilling it out was a pain... mostly due to access. And broke 2 taps back to back!!:banghead:. Well after a few hours of wasted time messing with it I finely installed a (near permanent) stud. So future repairs will only have to deal with a simple nut. (retrospectively I wish would have taken a picture).

Well I only need to reinstall the alternator bracket and alternator, belt and fan. Then the ever important distributor. I found this (http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/distributor.html) that gives instruction on getting it all aligned.

WISH ME LUCK! It is only 14°F right now - but may hit 30°F this afternoon - but no wind so that is nice.