Stuck parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Moved the Tahoe today to mow around it, was parked on flat ground so parking brake was off, moved it and it seemed fine (been driving it daily) put the parking brake on, now it seems the brake is stuck on even after its released the parking brake light isn't on it try to move forward and it won't go easily its like the back brakes are locked up, gonna pull the wheels and check the brakes, the brakes are newer along with the cables, is there a way to release the parking brake if its stuck? I think you go under the dash find where it connects and pull on it?

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you feel it trying to engage when you push the pedal down now? I had something similar happen to my old C10 years ago. The cable wouldn't release inside the drum. I could feel a little tension when I pushed the pedal down, but nothing like it should have been. If I remember, something was off in the drum, the cable was not the culprit with my issue. You could also follow the cable back along the frame rail on the driver side to see if it's bound up anywhere.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can you feel it trying to engage when you push the pedal down now? I had something similar happen to my old C10 years ago. The cable wouldn't release inside the drum. I could feel a little tension when I pushed the pedal down, but nothing like it should have been. If I remember, something was off in the drum, the cable was not the culprit with my issue. You could also follow the cable back along the frame rail on the driver side to see if it's bound up anywhere.

The pedal still seems to be the same ill check in the morning hopefully its something easy

AbramF_496

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Should probly get a emergency brake adjuster kit really helped out my brakes was like 12$ each side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk