Stock forged lower control arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Barlow

Reaction score
Hello so I have a 1998 GMC K3500 4 door single wheel 454ci tow pig. I need the lower control arm bushings, the truck has the forged lower control arms not the stamped steel one, I was wondering if anyone has a website to buy new ones (bushings) at. I have looked at Rock Auto and the rest of the parts stores and they all have them for stamped steel. The junk yards I have not had any luck at. Most of those trucks are in worse shape than mine. Any help would be appreciated. I am deployed trying to get my parts all ordered for when I get home before I take my trip

You must be registered for see images attach

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or you could get fancy and get the poly bushings kit from energy suspension for roughly $75.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you could get fancy and get the poly bushings kit from energy suspension for roughly $75.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-3180g/overview/make/chevrolet
Listed for '98--'99 K1500--K3500.

APPARENTLY, 1998/99 are different from 1988--1997. I'm half-way done with control arm bushings on my '88 (right side done, left side untouched but all parts bought and "ready".)

Poly bushings are easier for a D-I-Y to install. No need for press, special tooling, etc.

The 1998-99 set is similar to the 97-earlier in that the steel sleeves for the upper bushings are not included. This is a real pain in the ***. I had to fabricate new sleeves from steel tubing because my original sleeves were too corroded to re-use. If yours aren't corroded, you're golden.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/front-end-overhaul.45214/
Especially starting at Post 24.

Afiggis

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Will probably go the energy route. I’m trying to find the arms themselves as mine are really nasty looking

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Will probably go the energy route. I’m trying to find the arms themselves as mine are really nasty looking

If the existing arms are forged just get them blasted... unless they've been sitting under seawater they'll probably clean up pretty well. I did mine in 2007, I think.