Forged Lower Control Arm Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know the part number or where i could find replacement bushings for front *Forged* lower control arms? 1AA has stamped and i cant seem to find forged compatible ones.

Thank you for any help.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
According to rock auto this should be the correct part. You just need to call the parts department at your local Chevrolet dealer to verify. The application I used is a 99’ K3500 which most definitely had the forged control arms.

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The forged arms use rubber bushings with no sleeves.

Rockauto doesn't have much listed, as I think they're going NLA. It's been said that the H2 bushings work, and given the similarities in the control arms, I'm not sure why they're even a different part number.

Here's a 2004 H2 part: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=389981&cc=1431816&pt=7532

Here's a kit for both front and rear (H2): https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6691816&cc=1431816&pt=7532

I've never changed mine, but I wish I would have. I had my control arms off back in 2007, when I blasted and painted them.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been told--by at least one person on this site--that the Polyurethane bushing inserts as sold for K1500/K2500/K3500 fit the 4WD forged arms. I chickened-out on my '97 K2500 8-lug. Changed left lower ball joint and wheel speed sensor, had to separate the hub from the steering knuckle...but didn't pull the lower control arm pivot bolts to replace the bushings. Maybe next summer...

NO idea if the Poly bushing inserts fit 2WD arms.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's so crazy how there's no definitive information. Like all the bushings I've found that are made for the stamped arms actually state they're for the stamped arms. And all of my local chevy dealers just put you on permahold the minute you say '98 lol

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
are you looking for the poly ones? i installed a set on the forged lower control arms few months ago

Prothane 7-206-BL​

they also say h2 work as stated above i don't know how those fit,but the prothane part# fits perfect

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really appreciate everyone's help.

So funny story.... I actually have stamped LCA lol. I guess, in my head, when I was looking for LCA a few months ago and was trying to figure out the difference I kept repeating "NOT FORGED" and alas... 4 months later all I remembered is "FORGED".

Reaction score
I would love to see this definitively solved. I’m going into the project in the coming weeks. I ordered all my parts already but never settled on any lca bushings may just leave them like I’m assuming most people do. Anyhow great question. I’ll post back with what I did.

1952Chevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would love to see this definitively solved. I’m going into the project in the coming weeks. I ordered all my parts already but never settled on any lca bushings may just leave them like I’m assuming most people do. Anyhow great question. I’ll post back with what I did.
I have a set of bushing for a stamped arm, because I accidentally ordered the wrong ones. Found the correct ones for the forged LCA's on amazon.

Moog 200899(rear) and AC Delco 45G9213(forward)

Despite the fact Amazon says the AC Delco part doesn't fit my truck, I used it and it fits.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

When I rebuilt my whole front end in 2007-ish, I left the bushings. I wish I hadn't. They're in bad shape now.