Stock ECU Tune on 1999 L29 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1965truckrod

Reaction score
Not trying to thread jack by any means, but I have my ECM sitting here next to me at my computer table and would be happy to pay you for a tune, of course when you take care of his issue first.

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a local HP tuner $575 out the door including Dyno time.
Working on getting the truck ready for them.
Having to fix a few things first went by and talk to them and they made some suggestions one big thing was to have the injectors flow tested.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Found a local HP tuner $575 out the door including Dyno time.
Working on getting the truck ready for them.
Having to fix a few things first went by and talk to them and they made some suggestions one big thing was to have the injectors flow tested.

They don't want a busted POS rolling through the door. Also, stock injectors are GARBAGE. Witchunter won't even touch them for cleaning, same as the LT1 injectors. Your tuner's concerns are valid.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Super, what injectors and source do you recommend? I'm building a warmed up 99 7.4 myself. My truck and ecm is a 97 though, so I will get whatever ecm is easiest to mod. Or maybe I'll go with a sniper if I can pass az emissions.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Super, what injectors and source do you recommend? I'm building a warmed up 99 7.4 myself. My truck and ecm is a 97 though, so I will get whatever ecm is easiest to mod. Or maybe I'll go with a sniper if I can pass az emissions.

I used L67 (supercharged Series II 3800) injectors from the pull and pay that I sent off to get cleaned. They flow 42#/hr at 4 bar and don't suck.

Scottm

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found L67 injectors on ebay, part number 25323972. How do I avoid crappy ones? Is there a Bosch equivalent?