Stock ECU Tune on 1999 L29 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deanodaddy

Reaction score
I just had a rebuild done on my L29 engine and had a mild towing cam installed and was told that I would need to have a tune put on it.

I just want to make it reliable easy to fix on the road so I found someone who will tune the stock ECU for me and was trying to see if any one has used this business or know of someone that help me with a Stock ECU tune.

I have already considered a 411 swap but I would like to keep it a close to stock as I can with only a few mods Already done: no Cats, Towing Cam, Bosch injectors (5,0 motorsports) MSD Cap, rotor & Coil.

Any ideas?

These guys priced it at $250 for the tune and add $200 for a new ECU

You must be registered for see images attach

You removed your cats no check engine light.what about your O2 sensors

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You removed your cats no check engine light.what about your O2 sensors
When the shop remove my cats I had them put the O2 sensors in the same location that came from in the pipe have not had issues with check engine light also replaced both forward O2 sensors already.

Deanodaddy

Reaction score
When the shop remove my cats I had them put the O2 sensors in the same location that came from in the pipe have not had issues with check engine light also replaced both forward O2 sensors already.
Did you notice any performance gains

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you notice any performance gains
Not that I could really tell but my engine wasn’t running the best at that time either and I had almost 200,000 miles on it.

The only time the check engine light would come on is if it was miss firing so bad with backfiring and burning too much fuel then once it cleaned out it will go out again.