Step bars and metal fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Woah.. Ok ok... I'm convinced! Their on my to do list, they look ******* on your truck. Had them on my last nnbs rcsb.
You must be registered for see images

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably more fitting. Will see, I've got ALOT to cover on my truck now before I get to mirrors. Its just a thought.

NAST96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are waaaayyy stronger than the 2 mounts they have when you buy them. I also agree to turn em' into a slider somehow. I have faith you can do it without messing up the ss.

Just clean up the mounts, prime them, rattle can black! :headbang:

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not to break up the mirror convo but back to the nit pickky thing, ok so i wish i could be like you guys and be so picky about my tuck... but who ever owned it before us when they did stuff to it they did is half way... and the half way they did stuff was backwords. and they must of took the truck all the way apart and redone it then after everythign was on it they repainted it with all the bed rails, grill, trim around the doors and everything on it thankfully we have got most of that stuff switched out, they even drilled 2 extra holes in the grill to bolt it on... my brother found that out today

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
more pics now that it is day light out. I still have some finish grinding to do and I am going to prime them and spray them with bed liner. I will also redo most of that section of frame while I am at it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as for fab work to be done still

if you look at this picture

there are two screws that hold the stainless to the stock brackets. If I add a slider on the bottom of those it will A. stick out from the bottom and will be clearly visable from the side of the truck and B. cover those screws so that I cant pull the stainless off any more.

this picture:

shows how I left the square tubing open. I left it like that on both ends. The one end I need room to get a wrench in and the other end is because with one end open it will collect dirt and salt and I need to be able to wash it out.

It also shows one of the screws and the ends of the brackets. I would like to stay as hidden as possible, and that is already sticking out. That is only 1/8 galvanized though so if I clean it up and weld some flat bar in there, it wont be all that strong.

if you look on the end you can see how it curves up in a sort of rounded manner to hold the bar better. I had thought about running some thicker flat bar (maybe a 1/4" thick 2" wide) to the bottom and then rolling the edge to match that curve. That would be "holy ****" strong, but it would make bolting the bars in place a new challenge as the holes would be covered. I hate welding galvanized to mild, and pretty mush refuse to weld it to stainless. Its just asking to have rot.

Last edited:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i just made a quick video showing the strength and explaining some of the work and thoughts behind why I did it how I did. It is taking its sweet ass time loading to the internet though.

edit youtube is saying 150 minutes.... i hope its way wrong

Last edited:

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
All the air vents in my truck have to face be wide open and face in the proper direction, if I am setting the stereo clock and I go 1 minute past, I'll start over. both seats have to have the same degree of recline, both head rests have to be 1 click up, the cigarette lighter symbol has to be sitting perfectly horizontal, The gas lid has to clicked 3 times after putting it back on..

Anyways, I like the bars sully, is it fatty proof?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, you guys are ****....I mean particular when it comes to your trucks. On mine the only thing Ive got to absolutely have is a clean engine....well as clean as leaky valve covers and egr tubes will allow.