Step bars and metal fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
All the air vents in my truck have to face be wide open and face in the proper direction, if I am setting the stereo clock and I go 1 minute past, I'll start over. both seats have to have the same degree of recline, both head rests have to be 1 click up, the cigarette lighter symbol has to be sitting perfectly horizontal, The gas lid has to clicked 3 times after putting it back on..

Anyways, I like the bars sully, is it fatty proof?
They call it OCD! Try living with a woman who suffers. lol

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes and if I can get this damn video to upload to youtube correctly, you can see

They are sitting in primer right now drying. I dont have any metal polish and I'm debating using rubbing or polishing compound as I have loads of that stuff.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
All the air vents in my truck have to face be wide open and face in the proper direction, if I am setting the stereo clock and I go 1 minute past, I'll start over. both seats have to have the same degree of recline, both head rests have to be 1 click up, the cigarette lighter symbol has to be sitting perfectly horizontal, The gas lid has to clicked 3 times after putting it back on..

Anyways, I like the bars sully, is it fatty proof?
:lol: my vents have to be perfect or it messes with my head. Another one, is the windows are all the way up, down so the window meets the front lower corner of the opening, or all the way down. Also, on the delco stereos the knobs all have to be clicked in.

yes and if I can get this damn video to upload to youtube correctly, you can see

They are sitting in primer right now drying. I dont have any metal polish and I'm debating using rubbing or polishing compound as I have loads of that stuff.
Hum, I'm not sure is any non-metal polishing compounds would work or not. IMO just go get some metal polish, you'll thank yourself later.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Todays work so far:

got the bars off, did some grinding and wire wheel work on the brackets and frame, then started priming
You must be registered for see images attach

then I used a spray on bedliner made by Plasticote. This stuff and I are now in a heated love affair. It goes on amazingly, covers even better, and looks killer. I cant wait to see if it hold up to the pounding like I hope it does.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need some opinions on a slider idea I have. There is a bolt that goes up through the bracket into the stainless bars. What if I cut a piece of 2-2.5" flat bar to fit tight against the square tube and run lengthwise along the four brackets that bolted in place? The reason I say that is then I could just use longer bolts to hold the stainless up and still have access to both sets of bolts to remove the bars if I need to.

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't do silicone, i think it would make look like it is glued together. I would do a rubber mat that is just a bit taller than the nuts so it kinda sandwiches together like a gasket. but then again i don't think you would have a bead around the edge if you do the silicone. I would prefer the rubber mat but either way would work.

BTW, great work on the mounts. Those are plenty strong.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my newest idea for the aluminum is to weld some stainless flat bar in the gap as a spacer then epoxying the aluminum to the stainless