Step Bars. Extended cab W/O rear step pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘95 K1500 has no rear doors. My 5’00” 100# wifey has bad knees. I want to add some frame-mounted step bars to ease her trips in and out of my passenger seat.

I don’t care if they’re SS or black powder coated but I WOULD LIKE TO find a set with just the step pads for the two doors. It may sound silly, but looking at a truck with step pads on the rear with no rear doors just looks weird to me. If I can’t find a set like this the world will not end. I’m just surprised that I’m having such a hard time finding them.

Im not so interested in just steps, but I’m not totally closed off to the idea. I also do not care if they mount to existing holes or if I need to do some drilling.

I‘m betting that someone here has already found these. Please let me know if you have.

Thanks,
Tom.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They existed for a time, not sure if you can still get them though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can't even remember what brand these were - Westin, probably. This set was super common in the 90's. Maybe you'll find a set in a boneyard or on craigslist / FB marketplace?

Richard

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<snip> Maybe you'll find a set in a boneyard or on craigslist / FB marketplace?

Richard

Honestly, I’m too lazy to scour marketplace ads or hunt through salvage yards. I’m finally at “that age” where I just want to flip out my credit card and have them show up on my porch.

I know I’ve used Westin in the past but I forgot about them. I’ll check their site.

Thank you.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have them on my 94 ECSB. They are frame mounted, chrome tube, single step made by
"Smittybilt"
I have no idea if they are still in business.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replies. I ended up ordering a set of Dee Zee bars. Stainless full-cab-length with only one step per side.

any4xx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well Shoot! My step bars just arrived. TWO step pads on each side even though they are pictured on both DeeZee’s site and the jungle site with only one step pad per side. I went back to the manufacturers site and sure enough, down in the description it says two pads per side.

I’m not going to go to the hassle of returning them, as it looks like everything else out there also has two step pads on each side. I just wish I’d have read the fine print instead of relying on their pictures. I could have gotten a $150.00 set of bars instead of spending $300.00 on these.