Step bars and metal fab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Well I heard on the radio tonight that males don't normally start feeling old until 58 when their sexual performance suffers while on the other hand females feel old at 29 when their body parts start sagging.
So you have a solid 29 years to go.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats ok, I was coming home from the war before my wife graduated high school (and yes she graduated) so I must be something right ;)

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Sully I feel for you. I to have had to put step bars on my truck, but for the kids to climb in. The wife I just pinch lol

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the wife can make it no problem, its her folks LOL

brackets welded and mounted back on the bars (drivers side)
You must be registered for see images attach

mounted for good

brackets welded to the frame (sorry for the crappy picture)

I still need to pull the bars off and polish them as well as paint my brackets which are bare steel right now. I also need to figure out how to mount my step surface, and one last element I want to add. I dont want to give that away though just in case I chicken out.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Why not run some sort of stronger steel or something along the bottom to make it a sort of slider at the same time since the bracketry looks like it would already hold up.

BURBAN GUY

Redneck Rolls
Reaction score
Damn how big are the inlaws? lol My nerf bars only have a mount at the from and the rear. Yours shouldn't move at all. Heavy Duty man.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Cut some thick tubing in half and weld on the lower half of the steps for re-enforcement. That should be more than sufficient for what your trying to do.