Steering wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGUgly

Reaction score
That link wasn't conversion. That was a hack job.

That's cold hearted bud and could have been worded many other ways than how you said it. You couldn't have just said that the process he took wasn't what you wanted to do or something else than what you stated.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Hardly a hack job sir...I spent many hours contemplating that install, and made good and sure it had splines on it for everyone's safety. I didn't go into that lightly.

Last write up I'll ever do.

Shawn

No need to get that defensive. Internet message boards are dangerous places for the thin skinned.

How exactly did you cut the new splines?

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this is a necro post but I'm curious, the 03-06 Caddy/Denali wheels are the best wheels ever and I want one really bad (not bad enough to do it unsafely though). Could he have cut and welded the correct splined centers? Some kind of adapter? Drilled, tapped and bolted the back of the old wheel onto the new wheel? Maybe changed out the steering column or at least that last section of shaft? I remember Burbalade once mentioned swapping columns or something along those lines but gave up.