steering wheel stereo control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburbanman

Reaction score
Has anyone ever mounted a steering wheel that can control the stereo controls, volume, song playback, radio station, or the ability to answer the phone? I miss the functionality of my Mercedes. Its much safer then reaching for the dash mounted unit. Maybe a later model wheel could be mounted with the controls. There would be some wiring to do but nothing to serious for this group. I have a 95 K1500 Suburban that I just cant let go of, I love it to much. I am making it a overlander and need my tunes!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres some info out there about this. I believe they were using a late 90s blazer steering wheel and clock spring. They wheel looks oem to the 98-00 gmt400 steering wheel but had buttons for volume/ radio. Not sure on bluetooth since that wasnt an option back then

Suburbanman

Reaction score
Theres some info out there about this. I believe they were using a late 90s blazer steering wheel and clock spring. They wheel looks oem to the 98-00 gmt400 steering wheel but had buttons for volume/ radio. Not sure on bluetooth since that wasnt an option back then
Yea, bluetooth wasn't around back then and I don't really like the remote control units that just attach to the wheel that I have seen online.
I don't see many full size blazers around in the junk yards, I guess I can search ebay and the usual places to see whats available. My steering wheel is kinda rough and so would be open to modding a later model unit off a GMC or Chevy but don't know if this would be a easy swap or major surgery. I have access to a full machine shop at work so might make this my project, but if someone else has been through all the problems I could at least see what I'm in for.
Thanks for the starting point, I will keep this thread going with what I find!

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the radio controls installed on a 99 tahoe. But there is no phone connect option, unless buttons are to be rewired to a different controller