Steering wheel play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dre319

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s time to replace those lower and upper arm bushings

It’s maybe time to have a close look at the upper and lower arm bushings !

I know for sure I have to replace the lower ones on the right side and will just do both lower one while I’m at it. The uppers have been replaced already. The sloppy steering wheel is not only while driving but while it sits too. I haven’t confirmed it yet but it looks to be leaning towards the tag joint. I’ll post up when I find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 95 and 96 dash are the same, you're a year off. 96 was still a year that passenger airbags were not required in a full sized truck. 97 and up have passenger airbags, but the 2500+ trucks had an option to not have airbags from what I understand.
Ok, but is the steering column the same in 95,96,96?

Dre319

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Doorman replacement for the rag joint? It completely replaces that material and it’s all metal. Little pricey but is it worth it?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My rag joint was like $40. I saw that shaft and said no, not worth it. Especially because it's Dorman. I believe my box to be the cause of my remaining slop even though I've cranked the **** out of the over center adjustment.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its been a while since I did mine, but I want to say, my rag joint was like $10. Its not hard to change at all. No way I would buy a whole shaft for over $200 to swap out a bad $10 part.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Its been a while since I did mine, but I want to say, my rag joint was like $10. Its not hard to change at all. No way I would buy a whole shaft for over $200 to swap out a bad $10 part.

Did you get just the rag? Mine had the joint with it. I used a Lares 205 from Blow Reilly's.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea, just found it on OReillys sight. $10.99
You must be registered for see images attach