Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
KC's look good on the squares. fits the time period.
i have a set of KC's picked up from a yard sale i would guess 30 years ago. looked brand new. they have a horizontal beam. never seen that type before. really bright too. haven't had them installed in over 20 years and they're still on the shelf. don't think they'll look good on a 400 but i might give them a shot when i build a different bumper.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
KC's look good on the squares. fits the time period.
i have a set of KC's picked up from a yard sale i would guess 30 years ago. looked brand new. they have a horizontal beam. never seen that type before. really bright too. haven't had them installed in over 20 years and they're still on the shelf. don't think they'll look good on a 400 but i might give them a shot when i build a different bumper.

brand new in the box?
i'll find a set and give the driving beam a shot, but probably end up putting in a 100w in the stead of the 130 it comes with.....wtf do i know at this point? i'm stir crazy right now......:roflsquared:

at this point i'm just speculating because i have absolutely no clue what this new headlamp system is going be like........i just pray the light cut-off is decent........

take a look at this thread from a Jeep forum..it's 5 years old, but interesting.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/headlight-shootout-1166827/

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i just spent two fu@kin hours lookin for my brandy new Snap-On" stab" styled test light voltage meter......twas at the garage by my ex's house, another garage i use.....i'm gonna loose my damned fu@kin mind! got to hange out with her and my dogs for a while, that was good at least.

i can't even find my Fluke, which leads me to believe they're hangin out together some fu@kin where.......i have my shop across the neighborhood to go check, but i have no idea why i would put it there.......i bought this new one JUST for this job a few months ago, before i went out for my surgery......i just called work to ask a friend to check my locker, no go.

i'm gonna loose it big time!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
well......after a SECOND go-round of 3 garages and d 2 basements i found my testers......just why they were in the top drawer of my ld top box i have no idea...4 1/2 damned hours, but i didn't give up..call me AB for short....anesthesia brain for real.

i haven't bought tools in years, especially Snap-On stuff.....the truck come by the dealer and one day i went in to check out the new ****....well, $600 later i figured it was best to make good my escape......never saw one of these before and figured it would help out, especially on these new Star Trek bikes and the lighting on my truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

pretty cool little gizmo actually.....

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
so while i tearing the place apart, for the second time i looked at the bumper and fog lights again.....to my surprise i saw this.

i found this very interesting since it came from LMC Truck....E11 is approved for the United Kingdom as per Daniel Stern's site. SAE also.....i'm thinking this is going to produce a nice beam pattern.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/codes/codes.html

• 1 Germany
  • 2 France
  • 3 Italy
  • 4 Netherlands
  • 5 Sweden
  • 6 Belgium
  • 7 Hungary
  • 8 Czecheslovakia
  • 9 Spain
  • 10 Yugoslavia
  • 11 United Kingdom
  • 12 Austria
  • 13 Luxembourg
  • 14 Switzerland
  • 15 (currently vacant)
  • 16 Norway
  • 17 Finland
  • 18 Denmark
  • 19 Romania
  • 20 Poland
  • 21 Portugal
  • 22 Russia
  • 23 Greece
  • 24 Ireland
  • 25 Croatia
  • 26 Slovenia
  • 27 Slovakia
  • 28 Belarus
  • 29 Estonia
  • 30 (currently vacant)
  • 31 Bosnia-Herzegovina
  • 32 Latvia
  • 33 (currently vacant)
  • 34 Bulgaria
  • 35 (currently vacant)
  • 36 (currently vacant)
  • 37 Turkey
  • 38 (currently vacant)
  • 39 (currently vacant)
  • 40 Yugoslavia-Macedonia
  • 41 (currently vacant)
  • 42 Special EC
  • 43 Japan
  • 44 (currently vacant)
  • 45 Australia
  • 46 Ukraine
  • 47 South Africa

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
i posted these pics before but i like ****....here's the lamps again in case anyone missed em. i was expecting pure chiacrap "fog lights"....these actually seem pretty good.....

glare cap installed

i found the white box containing the wiring harness for the fogs too.....typical inchinacluded setup. the lighted switch is protected by a 3A fuse and the lamps get a 15A. looks like 16G wire for it all.