Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
So this is a drop-in high beam replacement, right? Do you still have to trim the tabs like the other HIR bulbs?

Drop in LOW beam replacement. 1875 lumens @ 13.2V, compared to the 1095 a new, out of the box 9006 at 12.8V, which could be + - 15% or so.

922 lumens on the low side of the tolerance for a 9006.

The same 'wattage', however much higher output.

Yes, you have to trim the tabs.

The high beams are # 25770739..... 2500 lumens ~

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Drop in LOW beam replacement. 1875 lumens @ 13.2V, compared to the 1095 a new, out of the box 9006 at 12.8V, which could be + - 15% or so.

Yup, gotcha. Googled it real quick and edited my last post. Like I said there, I'm still concerned about the lack of a painted glare cap on the 9012. Probably wouldn't be a problem for those with glare caps built into their headlight housings though.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yeah ..... I was a "master molten metal manipulator" for years. I was a welder in the pipefitters union.

i'm just a backyard rod burner.....learned on one of my state funded vacations.....my shovel brother Jamie is a grand high exulted mystic welder....has every bit of paper you can have....he retired from a union too. taught me some as well. we actually met on a shovel forum...built some sick motors together........but he's a Ford guy.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too concerned with the lack of a painted cap on the end of the 9012. No matter what, the amount of light emitted and the pattern are controlled by the surfaces of the reflector and the optical lens on the front.

Try this experiment, temporarily put a small white or black dot on the surface of the headlight lens where the center of the bulb is, see if there is any difference that you can quantify, either from the driver's seat or from oncoming.

Something like the small 3 ring paper peel and stick dots would work. I bet it would not even be noticeable.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

is the output better because of the filament winding?

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yup, gotcha. Googled it real quick and edited my last post. Like I said there, I'm still concerned about the lack of a painted glare cap on the 9012. Probably wouldn't be a problem for those with glare caps built into their headlight housings though.

i mentioned i'll get these for the high beam to test.....i learned my lesson about the black tip on my LED experiment.....i can see no way to control the forward output without it.......high beams don't matter, so long at your're attentive to the driving conditions and oncoming traffic....like we should be anyway.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score

i wonder why the rest of the world measures @ 13.2 and this country measures at 12.8v.....there's a real big difference in output with that little difference in voltage.......

so long as you have a proper reflector and or a good lens that gonna be bright as hell.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
maybe it's different with LED's and the forward diode.......that was horrible compared to the correct halogen black-tip for the auxillary lamps have.....

You must be registered for see images attach