Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
After reading all the posts I can't believe how complicated this is. I had no idea there were so many choices and differences there were in lights. Tons of good info. Thanks to everybody.

i didn't know either....there some better pics here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-00-Cargo-Hatch-or-Wiper-Switch-and-Bezel-Blank-for-Silverado-Sierra-SUV/261384049046?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=20131003132420&meid=440d70860a6b41d7870adb815ba1f81a&pid=100005&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=122072281152

and he mentions that he solders in bulb......wtf....diode?

these forums are great.....i'm just learning about these GMT400's......tis all new to me.

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yes, there is a small incandescent bulb in there, yours is likely burned out. I replaced mine with a 3 mm led.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
yea....i had a deal going from our classifieds before Cokeman95 told me he had one for sale....his has a bezel, with 2 "blanks"....

Two blanks would have one hole for a singular switch. Not going to work well for you, unless it is the airbag switch, and you can cut that portion and use it up top for the fog light switch.

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
There is a 3 hole bezel. I trimmed the top hole of one to take a fog light swich. I never installed it. I thought about using the unmodified one I have for adding fogs to my suburban with rear wiper and rear hatch switches.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Two blanks would have one hole for a singular switch. Not going to work well for you, unless it is the airbag switch, and you can cut that portion and use it up top for the fog light switch.

yea, AB and FL are the same size......damn, i was looking for a switch for a little while.....didn't expect to find 2 in a day.....i PM the first gent yesterday.....he got back to me and hour before Cokeman95........here's his.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/fog-light-switch.36753/

You must be registered for see images attach

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Yes, there is a small incandescent bulb in there, yours is likely burned out. I replaced mine with a 3 mm led.

oh that should be fun.......i can't feel my fingers. guess i'll have to figure out how to pull it apart.

what the carpal tunnel didn't wipe out, the my messed up neck finished off.....workin with little **** bit pieces is a *****.....it's a lesson in patience for sure......super patience.

i 'm gettin a double fusion surgery in my neck next winter....

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
There is a 3 hole bezel. I trimmed the top hole of one to take a fog light swich. I never installed it. I thought about using the unmodified one I have for adding fogs to my suburban with rear wiper and rear hatch switches.

good to know.....if i can find one before i'm ready to do the bumper and all i'll get it.....if not i'll make one.....thanks for the info.