Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
there's junky china parts.....it does have plastic mounting tab.
You must be registered for see images attach

and then there's parts made in china with some QC and good materials.....some things aren't horrible. these Hella relays are the only ones i've seen with the sturdy mounting strap.....probably why he uses them.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
well......after a SECOND go-round of 3 garages and d 2 basements i found my testers......just why they were in the top drawer of my ld top box i have no idea...4 1/2 damned hours, but i didn't give up..call me AB for short....anesthesia brain for real.

i haven't bought tools in years, especially Snap-On stuff.....the truck come by the dealer and one day i went in to check out the new ****....well, $600 later i figured it was best to make good my escape......never saw one of these before and figured it would help out, especially on these new Star Trek bikes and the lighting on my truck.

pretty cool little gizmo actually.....

I'm jealous. I've wanted one of these for a long time. Just can't justify it, I'd never use it. Such a cool tool though!

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
I'm jealous. I've wanted one of these for a long time. Just can't justify it, I'd never use it. Such a cool tool though!

in my advancing years i just want EASY.......believe it or not that $60 tester was made in china......when i saw that i said no, but 3 of the "techs" that work there said it's a good piece so i bought it.

jealousy will get you no where! LOL.......

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
ok.....i've mentioned i want a stock fog light switch....well, for my fog lights. here's my problem.....i'm trying to figure it out. i did paypal to a gent in the classifieds for a fog light switch and pigtail. Cokeman95 has one too, but i had my deal goin on first.

ok, does anyone know if GM makes a bezel with 3 holes in it? you can see my quandary...the fog light switch is the same size as the air bag switch, the cargo is a bit smaller and takes the center hole.

i want the airbag on the bottom, cargo in the center and fog up top.......do i have to "cut and paste" my own? LOL

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would imagine the amount of gas...how compressed it is would make a difference too......wouldn't a tighter wound filiment make more "light" than a looser wound one.....more wire, more heat, brighter "light"? the length of the winding, position or distance to reflector?
After reading all the posts I can't believe how complicated this is. I had no idea there were so many choices and differences in lights. Tons of good info. Thanks to everybody.

Last edited:

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Some users have cut two bezels to make one, and apparently it works fine.

Keep in mind that Astro vans have the same switches, and have hatch / rear wiper as well.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
here's a better picture.....and my "cargo lamp" does't light, the switch turns the lights on, just don't light up.....is the a little bulb in there somewhere......gotta go search that