Speakers what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Got a 94 ecsb. I have 6.5 polks from the wife's jeep that I junked. Now do I squeeze them in or sell for the 4x6 polk equivalent?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
4x6s suck, no matter the brand. They are basically oversize tweeters. No depth of sound whatsoever. The 6.5's are probably lightyears ahead. You can stick them in the door panel throw some 6x9s under the rear seat to get better sound like i did.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I have 2 pairs. Will they fit in the pillars as well?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, to get them in the dash is major work.

Next option is to hack them into the door panel. Along those lines you could swap on a 95+ door panel that already has them in it but pretty sire you'll have some sheet metal to cut.

Perhaps another one you might want to consider is kick panel speaker pods:

You must be registered for see images attach

You can buy them from Q logic or fiberglass up a set yourself.

:)

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a pair of those Q logic panels in grey in my 98 that I may part with since the previous owner went to components in the doors and left behind the kicks. Not sure what speakers are in them at the moment. I have no idea what those panels are worth but if I do decide to part with them then I will try to at least do a partial trade with someone who has the stock ones in grey in great shape so I have something to put back in those locations.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
If the 94 id the same pm me and we could work something out.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot about going the kick panel way, how or where would I run the wires to when I install them?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Running the wires to or from the kicks isnt the biggest issue you will have. You have to figure out where you are going to mount the crossovers for the components. Most people will tuck them up under the dash somewhere if there is room. Then you would just run 4 wires to each kick panel. A LOT easier then running speakers in the door.

ALso, I do not know what the stock kick panels look like in 95 and newer trucks since mine came with the Q logic panels. If someone can post a pic of theirs then I can compare it to the ones in my 94.