spark plug shrouds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oilspot

Reaction score
The stock little sheet metal shrouds, that bolt to the manifolds to help keep the plug wires from touching the exhaust manifolds. I know I've got one in the right place because it's got a cutout for the oil dipstick. The others I'm not sure. When I went to put the plug wires on yesterday the shroud on one was blocking me from pushing the plug wire on the plug.

There are two with the cutout like they're meant to clear the dipstick. I put one of those on #6&8 and the other on #5&7. Seemed to make sense. But then i had to pull the plugs again to redo my botched rocker arm adjustment, and a few of the plugs are a real ***** to pull out because of they're so close to those shrouds.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loosen the manifold bolts and tweak the shrouds with a small prybar or pair of pliers until they clear properly. They're a sheet metal heat shield, fitment isn't always perfect and they can be twisted and distorted by torquing the manifold bolts.