Southern Pride's Official Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah from what I've seen in the LED 194 there are colors but not like HIDz where it's 6,000 or 4,500k but instead you can get blue, or cool white, green, red, UV, whatever

Guys what style HVAC light do I have?? I posted a pic of it trying to figure out what I need to order tomorrow... IS it the 74 style or t1.5? This HVAC controls I bought off a guy with a 95 tahoe it had the rear defrost option...It has this style bulb compared to my old HVAC i fried that had a string of them but they were the same size.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interior is now completely LED except the HVAC which is next.
You must be registered for see images attach

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the cluster took me about 10-15 mins just because I'm now an expert at taking that thing apart I've done it so many times. I had so much trouble the first couple times I tried because I originally tried to just buy the LEDz and use my original twistlocks. Only some of them (like 2 of 6) lighted up. Then I bought new twistlocks that had the 194's in them and tried to rip those out then put in the LEDs. In doing that I pretty much ruined the twistlocks couldn't get the right connection then finally eck95z71 told me to get new twistlocks that are empty without bulbs then put my LEDz in those and vaul ah!

The rest of the interior took no time at all really..The puddle lamps under the dash near each door is a 194 bulb each just remove/replace, the 4x4 shifter has 2 194's easy, now the door panel light with the red on it I had to remove the door panel but still just remove/replace 1 194 on each door...The glove box I had to remove and that 194 was a little tricky it's surrounded by a plastic casing but all in all all of this was very very easy the main dome was easy but the little push button domes were a little more tricky very odd type of bulb connection in those and the replacement LEDs didn't make it very easy but mainly it was just the cluster figuring out the right route and being let down so many times that made it a PITA...The definite BEST route to go is buy brand new empty twistlocks (6) and (6) 194 leds and it will work perfect. I even tried calling Napa last week for these and they claimed they didn't have them but of course they did once I figured out the part # those fools!

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah guys didnt mean anything offensive to anyone. it was just the way i look at it...

didn't offend anyone here, going back and looking at what i posted i realized i wasn't really clear on what i meant... i guess thats what i get for trying to explain things late at night after a really long day when i can barely keep my eyes open enough to get my laptop turned on....