sound deadening??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I also did the inside of the outer door skin the same as the roof.
The 3 strips stop the resonance of the panels.
No pix, but I also did the inner panel of the door with a full covering of the deadener.
Do not cover the vents in there, or if you do, make sure to cut them so that when the fan for the heater is on, the pressure inside the cabin can be equalized. Found this out by mistake. Couldn't figure out why my ears would start to ache & feel like they were full of cotton. Yea, I know, weird! I've got ear probs anyhow, so this might not be a prob for you.
The black stuff on the floor, is 1/8 neoprene, or 'closed--cell' foam. The back wall has 1/2" neoprene.
I used 'fatmat' cause I got a smoking deal on the stuff. Worked out great!
DO NOT use that stuff from a home hardware store. It's made with tar, & smells really bad, especially in the summertime!
Also did the 'A' pillars, seein' as those are the first part of the cab hittin' the wind.
Hope this helps ya, Boss!

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can get 100 yards of the fatmat with the roller, knife, an other little tools for $170.. I think its 50mils thick is that a good deal? Will 100 yards do a complete inside?

kdhs10

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used some Elemental Designs in the Tahoe, which you can't get anymore because they are out of business. But I recently bought some Rammat Ensolite foam and am pleased with it so far.

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a question for those of you who have added sound deadening to their trucks. Have you noticed any improvement in warmth in the cab during colder weather? Just wondering if the sound deadening adds any insulation to the cab.