Sony CD players @ Walmart

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never thought I would buy anything that was stereo equipment for my truck from Walmart . But I was looking at there Sony CD player and it has Bluetooth and that's what I really was looking for . I don't know the model # but for $129 I think the Bluetooth alone is worth that? Anybody have any input on the Sony Bluetooth good or bad. I have not purchased yet... I'm on the fence about buying Sony and at Walmart lol.

But $129 is tempting, this is more for the Bluetooth feature for me not so much the stereo.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Not a fan of Sony. Maybe for house stuff, not so much for automotive. Usually Walmart stuff is Walmart specific. The lower end of the Sony line. Which, IMO, is pretty low. Good luck getting warranty work if needed. They're not much on support either if you have 'Q.'s.
Check Crutchfield for better quality, better service. They usually throw in a wiring kit, & free shipping with head units. Might cost a bit more, but definitely cheaper than retail. Especially with the extras they throw in.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more with Al. I would check Crutchfield. There service is second to none and you could probably get something better for not much more $$$. The only thing Sony makes that I like is the Playstation. I try to limit even going to Wal-Mart.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Check Crutchfields specials. I just got a pretty decent Kenwood unit with all free installation stuff and free shipping. I think it was about $110. They ship with good installation instructions and I've bought several units from them over the years.

Here's a Kenwood with blue tooth for 139 with free installation gear and free shipping. Yeah, it's $10 more than the Sony, but the wiring harness and faceplate would be more than that.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113BT555U/Kenwood-KDC-BT555U.html

Last edited:

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have bought from Crutchfield for years now , but everytime I get on their website I always end up buying more than what I really need lol. I just want a decent HU with Bluetooth that actually works!!

Crutchfield here I come !

Blind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most of those cheap "bluetooth" headunits do not have an external microphone, just one integrated into the face.

Usually the other end can't hear .

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
my pioneer was about $120 with Bluetooth from Best buy. I'd think you'd be fine.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Crutchfield all the way IMO love that place and id stay away from Sony if I was you I hated my sony