Solid rear window to sliding window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawtbed96

Reaction score
I have replaced alot of these rear windows. Almost always with CR LAurance 3 pc sliders.
The early 400's were known for leaking with the factory glass, the adhesive failed. I don't remember if it was urethane.
Installed roperly they will not leak.
Make sure there is no rust in the pinchweld. There should be only epoxy, old urethane or factory paint. no body filler or refinish products. The glass prep needs to be done according to the adhesive manufscturers recommendations.
What gasket do you use? The 1 offered doesn't look the same as the 1 originally used on slider.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
there is no gasket, It is installed with an adhesive. I have always used urethane from a tube.
Pretty sure I recall that there is one with the CR Laurence Power Slider glass. The window does indeed attach with urethane adhesive, but there's also a gasket that goes around the unit. It's been a long time since I sold the truck I had with one but I *think* I recall this. Their page for the gmt400 piece is a little screwed up since it's discontinued (some of the text says it fits a Ford), but you can sort of see one in the picture. In the detail pics of a few other applications you can see what they call the "flex flange"

Richard

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1990 Silverado came with the sliding back window and so far I have never had a problem with a leak and I have had it since the truck was three years old.

Attachments

• IMG_1480.jpeg
    IMG_1480.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 7

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure I recall that there is one with the CR Laurence Power Slider glass. The window does indeed attach with urethane adhesive, but there's also a gasket that goes around the unit. It's been a long time since I sold the truck I had with one but I *think* I recall this. Their page for the gmt400 piece is a little screwed up since it's discontinued (some of the text says it fits a Ford), but you can sort of see one in the picture. In the detail pics of a few other applications you can see what they call the "flex flange"

Richard
filler piece, not a gasket as in seal out moisture gasket.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a slider in a RCLB 6.5td... took me a while to figure it out, but the headaches I was getting from the exhaust circulating back in were intense. No more sliders for me.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Did you use the regular ck rear gasket?
There is no gasket on my '96. Just High Viscosity Windshield Adhesive. The glass is already in a sealed frame. You just cut the old adhesive from inside the cab and pull the rear unit out, clean up, prime, add adhesive on the new unit frame, put it in and tape it in place to cure.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally love the one on my RC tk! It allows so much useful ventilation on summer days where ya don't want/need AC. For me, where we live and the way I drive, I really never need a/c (doesn't work anyway lol). I've never had any fumes come in (my exh is stock style).

My other truck doesn't have one and I'm thinking of installing a factory stock one. They're a pain to use on Non reg-cab trucks.