Replacing power window with crank window.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey y'all, forgive me if this is a kinda dumb question as it's more of an idea for the future I ain't put too much thought into but I figured the best place to ask references was here. I've got a 1994 Chevy K1500 Z71 extended cab and I was wondering if it'd be possible to replace my power window motors with crank windows? I grew up using cranks and I just thought it might be cool and maybe even save me some money if those motors ever went out. I'd like it to look decent too though so I wasn't too sure. If you've done it or know how I'd go about it it'd be much appreciated if you'd let me know how ya did/would do it! Thanks!

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Easy enough, the inner door panels are completely removable and you can drop in a crank window set from a donor truck. No modifications required, all factory parts. You will lose your power locks as well tho as with the 88-94 it's all or nothing unlike the later models that could have crank windows and power locks.