Working Power Window Motor STUCK at end of gear (while replacing door window)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevius

Reaction score
WHILE Replacing a shattered passenger window on my '94 Silverado C2500.

My window regulator gear got stuck in fullest down position. Motor just does quiet click now. Won't go up.

PIX: all close-up's my issue - the other pix is a screenshot of one of BHBurban's (detailed better below)

After removing old shattered window - what was left it it - I re-attached the up/down switch and perhaps foolishly ran the regulator all the way down to the bottom of the door.

The sprockets are now right at the end - and now it's stuck.
I should NOT have gone the last 5 or 6 sprockets i believe.

NOW: I only get a quiet clunk from the power window motor.

I also stupidly didn't have the battery ground disconnected, so that's another variable, as i sparked the wires a couple of times. Ground disconnected now. DOH! plu,s driver side works... So, no problem??

NOT LIKELY -->: Could it be a fuse? I think not, there's just one fuse for all power windows, right?
The driver's door window works fine.

I've now got the door totally apart - which has it's upsides for learning, as, i was gonna try to get the new window in without complete disassembly.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Could it really be that the motor's now broken by coincidence? I'd guess very unlikely.

I'm going to go out and try to attach a battery to the motor now to see if it was wiring or electrical.
Not expecting any luck.

I figure it's stuck as it's gone past the last sprocket.

The pictures show my mechanism... and a screenshot from BHBurban's Manual locks and windows conversion thread (THANK YOU) showing the gear-sprockets several gears BEFORE the end of travel.

ADDITIONALLY: i loosened the torx head bolt/fitting at the end of the motor... then put it back in.
Don't know what the does? I managed to strip the torx head.

ACTUALLY: the silver-lining is that's I've now gone all the way with the door's inners.

Becoming a bit expert by screwing-up and/or getting unlucky and making mistakes is a good thing generally :)

ALL PIX are of my mechanism EXCEPT for BHBurban's pix.

Currently not driveable - heh-heh

You must be registered for see images attach

ONE of BHBurban's pix - screenshot of:

MY OTHER PIX -

Last edited:

chevius

Reaction score
UPDATE:

hahaha

just discovered what happens when the two motor torx bolts are loosened enough.

two bruised tops/mid's of fingers as entire mechanism whips around due to spring...
I recall seeing mention of "finger" and motor in another thread though didn't think of it, until afterwards. hahaha

So, outside I go again...

UPDATE 2: pretty sure I've got it sorted. Hope the motor works when i get it back together to that point. Obviously it was stuck on a gear though figure it's robust enough to have survived my hitting the UP window button (and hearing just a quiet click as it was jammed)

I'm saying... I'll document with pix ASAP. I bent the round piece out so i could get the BIG sprockets past the little motor gear.

happy enough at this point.

PIX to follow

Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just discovered what happens when the two motor torx bolts are loosened enough.

two bruised tops/mid's of fingers as entire mechanism whips around due to spring...
I recall seeing mention of "finger" and motor in another thread though didn't think of it, until afterwards. hahaha
Yikes. You got lucky.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get the manuals, there free here. You don't need an Engineering degree to read and use them. You're lucky, some " here hold my beer a sec while I take this bolt out", have broken fingers or almost amputated them.