SO I DON'T WANT TO PAINT MY TRUCK BUT I DO.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the underside of the box done with Epoxy primer and then sprayed gloss black rustoleum over that and then I'm going cavity wax it next year. I'm running out of time before winter and I want to work on the frame with the box off next spring so I'm storing it outside tarped over the winter. My Carquest guy turned me on to a paint. it's Dynacoat OPTICRYL C900 TOPCOAT. It's black and you can use a flattening agent to achieve the amount of gloss you want, or lack of and then a hardener. No clear coat. Thinking about going with that for the body of the truck. 350.00 a gallon with everything.

Last edited:

PEIslander

Reaction score
Keep us posted on your progress (and post photos if possible). I too have a 94 with a southern box that I hope to do a budget paint job on next spring.

Fordsmakemesick

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had mine repainted,I was after a clean look nothing fancy I kept racking my brain on how to make a long bed somewhat cool and a paint job was the best thing I did! I inherited the pickup from my Dad after he passed away and I just had to do something with it..I think it came out pretty neat.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach