skid steer tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I have the chance to buy four brand new skid steer tires for my truck. hundred bucks a piece and I'm really considering it they are 37.5inches tall and the tread is 10.5 across and need an 18inch wheel

these would be a trail/mud tire only, no worries, highway use would be seen with these.

You must be registered for see images attach

what are your thoughts?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
even if you didn't use them id still but them for 100 a tire that's crazy cheap you would have no problem flipping them worste case scenario. but as far as your question goes I don't see any reason you couldn't use em I mean people use tractor/implement tires all the time for mud trucks

Sent from my static android

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get them am use them every day, they are cool looking!

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i know that they would physically (spelling?) work on the truck, just didn't know about performance? They are really close to a bogger, whereas neither have very little lateral stability, but they have absolutely no sidewall tread. another thing is they are really heavy and I would never see any sidewall bulge even aired really far down. Didn't know if anyone had run them before.

Last edited:

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
another picture. These are next to my friends truck, those are 37 inch militarys. According to Titan's website they weigh 96 lbs and my 37inch yokohama's weigh 73. He is way down in southwest OK so I can't really just go get them anytime soon. But he said the next time he gets paid he'll go get the other four for me.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
o yea, plus he's shaving some out of the centers to open them up a bit.

TUCSONDUDE

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what is your friend going to charge to haul them out to you?

I definitely would not rock them on the street, or above 20mph. What is the RATED top speed of a skid steer(or preferably tires)?

I would get them if you trailer you truck. Going to look MFBA, and will grip anything with enough weight on them. What do skids weigh 5-8k lbs?

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think its a good idea,,, ive seen many trucks rockin tractor tires and they dont have much if any side wall tread,,, i think youll be fine if you just using them for off road use

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
those are front tires for a 4x4 backhoe here are the specs and they cant be used for hiway general everyday driving Specifications

12.5/80-18 12PR BACKHOE TYRE R4 FRONT

Ply
Rating 12

O.D. 38.9

Section
Width 12.1

Tread
Depth 37/32

Load Limit
(25mph) @
56 PSI 5360