Pizza Cutter Tires 235/85R16 Pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I went from a 265/75/16 to a 295/75/16 and I feel the difference. It’s not a power loss it’s the engine and trans not in the right range on the power band. The optional size for my truck was a 235/85/16.

I found the same thing, when I had 285/75's. I figured that since I had a big block, and 4.10 gears I'd be fine, but the transmission programming was still set for the stock 245s, and it was very noticeable to me at light throttle cruising in town. I thought the transmission was slipping at first. When I went back to a stock size tire everything was fine. 265/75 and 235/85 tires didn't have that effect.

This thread makes me want to tire shop..... I do actually need them, too.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since you have a SRW truck and already have big tires, have you looked at 255/85?
I personally looked into them for my F350. The issue is a very limited manufacturer and type of tire in that size along with the difficulty of getting a tire as it’s usually not a normal stocked size kept me away.
I found the same thing, when I had 285/75's. I figured that since I had a big block, and 4.10 gears I'd be fine, but the transmission programming was still set for the stock 245s, and it was very noticeable to me at light throttle cruising in town. I thought the transmission was slipping at first. When I went back to a stock size tire everything was fine. 265/75 and 235/85 tires didn't have that effect.

This thread makes me want to tire shop..... I do actually need them, too.
Yeah and these tires were put on a diesel 7.3 so power wasn’t a issue. It did come with 3:55s stock. I have to use a programmer to adjust for the tire size.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you have a SRW truck and already have big tires, have you looked at 255/85?
Honestly, that would be the much better size for me!

I want closer to a 33” tall tire that’s narrower to reduce rotational weight while maintaining all the ground clearance I can.

It’s just not unfortunately offered in the BFG K02’s… for 16” wheels at least. Do you have a tire model recommendation in that size?

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tough f'in size... and less options every time I look... and I need to buy

no crank... tried it, ball joints said no, no, no.... Amy Winehouse anybody??