Sk 4l60e kit installed lost automatic shifting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paule1192

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just installed the transgo shift kit today and now I seem to have lost the ability to shift automatically. If I start in 1st I can work my way up to drive, but I have to work my way back down too. I followed all the instructions and don't think I did anything wrong, all 7 check balls were back in their homes I used a new separator plate and gaskets. I also replaced the pwm solenoid with a new one. Any ideas why I can't shift automatically?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I'm not too familiar with these units...Did you only do the valve body work? Or was the entire transmission torn apart?

Seems they have some parts that only are used if the transmission is apart, but otherwise you don't use them if the units is not removed and only the valve body is messed with.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. That kit is supposed to help both of those problems.

All I can say is to connect a scan tool, look for codes, but also look at what's being commanded "on" and "off"; and if the actual operation matches the commanded operation.

Beyond that...pull the valve body apart until you find what you assembled incorrectly.

paule1192

Reaction score
So I plugged in my scanner, no codes. And the commanded gear says it's in 1 in every gear until I've accelerator to the correct speed and manually shift it will shift and show the next gear commanded.

That being said, I think I put a 3-2 shift solenoid in the pwm tcc solenoid spot so I am going to switch that back out and see if everything works.