1993 4l60e PWM solenoid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pjhanlo

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Completing a 1993 4l60e rebuild and my solenoid wiring harness was not reusable.

I received a new kit that claimed it was 1993 and realized during installation that it has the plug and solenoid for PWM that does not exist on the 93 4l60e’s.

Will it cause any issues to leave this unplugged or is the 93 compatible with a PWM solenoid seeing?

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what is the p/n of the harness you have? 93-95 use a different plug for the 3-2 solenoid, the harness ive used before had 2 different plugs that were wired in parallel. should be fine to not connect the pwm tcc solenoid if your transmission dors not have it.

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Completing a 1993 4l60e rebuild and my solenoid wiring harness was not reusable.

I received a new kit that claimed it was 1993 and realized during installation that it has the plug and solenoid for PWM that does not exist on the 93 4l60e’s.

Will it cause any issues to leave this unplugged or is the 93 compatible with a PWM solenoid seeing?
It's fine unplugged...The aftermarket harnesses all service 93-2002 4L60Es as they all use the two-prong flat connector for the EPC (03+ it changed)

The pwm solenoid for 96+ is sold as a 3-2 solenoid for the 93-95 as it produces/presents the same resistance to the ecms for those years and is essentially the same thing as what was originally installed. GM intended to go PWM out the gate like they did with the 4L80 so that's why the pwm solenoid bore is cast into the vb housing but didnt get it into production until 95. Then made major changes for 96+ so as you can see, it had some growing pains...