Silverado Tailgate Band Vinyl Letters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
Thanks for the assist Peter - those are correct for the mid-level Cheyenne tailgate.
Not sure if the size is the same. Will look into it.

It's interesting you can buy the base level WT Work Truck decal and the mid-level Cheyenne decal.
Phoenix Graphics has both available.
Or like I said you can buy the entire aluminum panel.

Was hoping someone had gone down this road already. But I do like and appreciate the vinyl shop suggestions.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kenny - you said the magic words: "it's a lot of work"

That is what I was trying to avoid. When I did my 68 C10 tailgate years ago it took about 15 minutes to apply and squeegee the vinyl letters onto the freshly painted tailgate. Turned out great and it was easy.
Man, you just don't know how often I have thought about pulling the aluminum banner, and just doing black rally strips on the tail gate as well. I would just make it match the hood. I usually have these thoughts after about 45 minutes of rebuffing out the aluminum.
You must be registered for see images attach

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
I went the easy way and scuffed it up, painted the whole thing silver, and then taped the lettering and painted it black. Super easy
Very interesting idea - I never considered painting the aluminum band silver.
What color silver did you go with to replicate the factory finish?

Really well done and super creative solution to a common issue. Thanks for posting.

97C1500TJ

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very interesting idea - I never considered painting the aluminum band silver.
What color silver did you go with to replicate the factory finish?

Really well done and super creative solution to a common issue. Thanks for posting.
I think I still have the paint can. I can go find it and post what it is later but it was just something from Lowe’s

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy whatever you do don't leave anything thicker than a piece of paper on the bumper if you open the gate it will put a nice dent in that pretty aluminum strip . I found out the hard way and the new one is about $225 at LMC.

WOOD77

Reaction score
You can always do what I did, but it's a lot of work, and a lot of work to keep up. I stripped off all of the clear coat, and paint. Buffed out the aluminum too a mirror shine, then taped and painted the letters. Oh wait, you said your tape skills aren't that good. LOL, ok, I'm showing off my work, here is a pic pic or 2, or more.
This looks amazing!!!!