Silicone Hose Kit for OBS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H2C2Dutch

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but has anyone purchased this kit? How was the fit? Are they molded for an OEM like fit? Or is it a generic fit? I have the 5.7

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I worked for The Bus Company, we made extensive use of silicone hoses. By that, I mean we went through thousands of 4' "sticks" of straight silicone hose, in sizes of 1" diameter and up to perhaps 3" diameter. Most of the coolant plumbing was silicone elbows or silicone hump-hoses connecting formed-metal tubing--coated mild steel, stainless steel, and brass. I really liked the brass tubing except the company that made 'em for us couldn't braze 'em together worth a crap. We had to pressure-test every one, identify the MULTIPLE leaks in each tube, and have the porosity re-brazed in-house.

IF (big IF) I cared about silicone hose, that's how I'd do it. Short sections of hose--including elbows and straight sections--joining formed-metal tubing. Absolutely outstanding durability; and when the time does come for replacement, you're only replacing the short sections of hose--not the (brass?) tubing.

A downside is that while silicone hump-hoses and such are readily available in the larger diameters useful in City Buses, the smaller sizes suitable for automotive use are tougher to come by.

And use decent clamps to hold it all together. Forget the non-shielded worm-gear disasters. Shielded clamps only; whether worm-gear or spring-tension or constant-torque.

Last edited:

H2C2Dutch

Reaction score
And old post that you didn't actually read? :)

Richard
I have, more than once now due to your comment. I don't see where anyone states they bought the continental 5005 kit and how the fit was. You stated you had bought a goodyear kit many years ago and that the conti appears to be the same rebranded. Same material hoses does not mean the kit/fitment is the same. Am I missing something?