Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bagged trucks get a bad rap, because of all the hack job's there everywhere, I see them almost everyday.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Whats the shop in Walnut Ridge that sells all the parts? I'm sorry if I'm clogging up your thread. So far Im looking at a Triangulated 4 link with RE8 bags under the back, and RE7's under the front, 2" drop spindles, for now modify the stock control arms until I can afford to build or buy tubular adjustable arms... The T4link wouldn't be too hard from my 4x4 fab days. Backend seems a ton easier to me. Use an engine driven york compressor... I have a tool box from a step-side that fits in-between the rails of the bed, probably use that for the airtanks so I can still have a spare... I travel too far to run without a spare... If I stockpile all the stuff to do this, I believe I could have this done in about a week at my buddies garage... I wish I had my 92 to do this to, but we sold it a week ago... If you could go into some more specifics of yalls setups, Id really appreciate it.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
well as far as towing with a bagged truck. I have done that with no problems. I have towed a car and pulled boats. It was pretty cool to go to the lake and see all the lifted rides and their trailers. Then pull up and be the only layed out truck pulling a boat. A bagged truck set up right is no less reliable as a daily driver as a new stock truck. What specifics are you wanting to know about?

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Airline routing, valves or manifold, height controller, switch wiring, what stuff youve ran/are running and what kind of things you want to add or what you would rather have than what youve used.... Basically trying to figure out what I should go with, what to stay away from, how to keep my build cost down.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Airline routing, valves or manifold, height controller, switch wiring, what stuff youve ran/are running and what kind of things you want to add or what you would rather have than what youve used.... Basically trying to figure out what I should go with, what to stay away from, how to keep my build cost down.

All of this stuff can be done multiple ways. This kind of question has been asked and answered a lot on FSC. I would like to add the accuair auto level system but that is something that may be added after I get the truck finished. A lot of what you are asking is all the things I am going back and redoing on my truck now that I am doing a frame off custom.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey man I forgot to ask if you had contacted KP yet to see if they would swap you the new design rear brackets?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
No, I have not called them. I figured there was nothing wrong with the ones I have. I just didn't brace the frame like I should have done. That is why the frame rail twisted a little. I don't think they will swap them out after 7 or 8 years.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
This is probably answered somewhere, but About how much air pressure did you run in the bags on your setup and how high did that put you?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I don't know how much presure I had at ride hight. I never ran gauges. I just eye balled it. I normally drove at about a 5/7 to 6/8 drop.