Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Yeah, I already have plenty enough inspiration. I just don't have plenty of money. Plus it is very hard to find a good crew cab cab in my area that doesn't need a lot of body work.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad to see you got the cab all chopped up and you need to do whatever you can to talk the wife out of the expedition not cause its a ford just cause there crap

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
find a good cab w/o doors, and pick up doors off of a suburban or something.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Glad to see you got the cab all chopped up and you need to do whatever you can to talk the wife out of the expedition not cause its a ford just cause there crap

I already did. I got a 95 Suburban instead of the Expedition. Tons more room and was in better shape than the expeditions we were looking at.

Finding a bare cab is the hard part. I've been looking. I already have front doors. I kept the doors from the cab I got rid of. But there is more to the swap than just the cab. If I go with a crew I would like to find one with some interior b/c the wiring harness inside the cab is specific to those trucks. I'm not much of an electrician so I can't build one myself. I would also have to find a 95 dash and engine harness to use the motor I already have. Then there is other odd ball stuff that has to be done. I'm sure the headache up front would be worth it once it's built.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Wiring isnt too bad, if you pull all the interior including carpet and headliner, its all right there in front of you. The dash, theres a million obd2 dashes and interiors around, and I think all that is the same, it was just the motor tat changed up a bit...

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Wiring isnt too bad, if you pull all the interior including carpet and headliner, its all right there in front of you. The dash, theres a million obd2 dashes and interiors around, and I think all that is the same, it was just the motor tat changed up a bit...

Since my truck is a 95 it is OBDI. All 3 of my trucks are 95's. Most of the wiring and dash components such as hvac controls, break pedal switch and engine harness are specific to that year. If I do a crew cab, I will be using my other chevy ext. cab as a donor truck. I prefer the 95/96 dash over the later ones with passenger air bag. So that is the dash style I am going with but I already have that part.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Little bit of an update. I have stripped the front part of the frame to clean it up and paint it. Here is a pic as it sits now.

You must be registered for see images attach

I put some engine cleaner on and used a pressure washer at this point. It still needs a lot more cleaning. This thing was caked with oil and dirt. I'm not sure if I am going to paint the frame silver or black. I am going to paint the suspension parts emerald green metallic which is what the body is going to be painted.

I am going to paint the frame a section at a time b/c I am going to convert the truck to a crew cab. I have made up my mind on that. So my truck will be a crew cab short bed stepside with denali front clip. I know it's not original but I like it. I still have to find a cab and I need to sell my other silverado first.
I will post more pics as I go along. I will keep track of progress on how Draggin95 and I convert my ext. cab to a crew cab.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lookin good! Are you going to body drop it as well?