Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I suppose I will start posting some here as well since the other thread is closed. I gather from the "rules" that you post in both places. One for discussion and one for the meat of the thread.

I finally got my truck back together and drivable and decided it was time to start over on my other truck. Luckily they are the same year model. The green truck is a 95 GMC Sierra and the tan truck is a 95 Chevy Silverado. I will be posting pics here as I rebuild. The green truck just has too many problems that need to be fixed. It needs a roof skin and motor rebuild among other things. So I just opted to rebuild the motor and rebuild on my other stock truck.

The plans for the new truck is to keep the denali clip and stepside bed and 22's. Rebuild the motor with vortec heads, cam, and possibly a bigger TBI. The rendering in my sig is what the final outcome will be.

Well anyway, onto the pics......

this is the GMC. I'm in the process of dismantling this truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my shop buddy. He is half beaver and half goat (he eats anything) so I have to keep an eye on him. His name is LuggNutt.

Plans have changed. I am going clean and paint my current bagged frame once I fix a problem with the rear frame rail.

I'm going to scrap the green cab and put on the tan cab. As for the other truck, the rolling chassis will be sold as well as the motor. (not anytime soon though) Not sure on the transmission at the moment. Anybody need an extended cab cab for body panel parts or something? Otherwise it will go to the scrap yard. I will post some pics of the tear down and rebuild as I make progress. It's going to be a slow process.

Last edited:

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
thanks. It's still going to be green even though it will be other colors for awhile. I'm still undecided on what color green though. I'm between the factory emerald green metallic or a dark Kandy organic green.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
How did the wipers do that damage?

There was a recall on the windshield wiper circuit board on the wiper motor. The wipers would quit working during operation. I was driving in a rain storm and they quit working on me so I went through a curve into a ditch. I clipped a road sign that flew up and hit the top of the cab.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Yeah, If I were to stick with the factory green I will be able color match the frame with spray paint. I will not be able to with Kandy. I might paint the frame silver or emerald green. The two tone is definitely gone.