Sierra's Crew Cab Project!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Honestly, I would prefer to put the whole cab on a trailer and take it to a recycler than to cut it up and mess with the glass. That way the recycler can crush it all at once and deal with the mess.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many people did you need to move the cab?

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
why can't you just raise the cab up a little bit higher and build a thrown together stand for it to sit on and roll the chassis out from under it? thats what i would honestly do man, then back your trailer in the garage under the cab and sit her down on it, then off to the scrap yard :)
just my 2 cents worth though

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
It's probably going to take at least 4 ppl to move the cab. 6 at the most. I really don't know about building a frame. What materials would this consist of?
A guitar string would probably work on getting the glass out but I still have to get rid of it.

TLMduramax

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's probably going to take at least 4 ppl to move the cab. 6 at the most. I really don't know about building a frame. What materials would this consist of?
A guitar string would probably work on getting the glass out but I still have to get rid of it.

I would just build a frame out of some two by fours, probably just two 8 foot long for each end of the cab, and then 4 four by fours, one on each end of the two bys and then another two by four to connect each end of them, this is kinda hard to explain but maybe it will help you out. and i would think it would be sturdy enough to hold the cab no more then it weighs, and also my dad is in construction so that is why i went with the route of building a frame out of wood lol, but it may be more complicated then just taking a sawzaw to th thing!!

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Um, Could you park the chassis beside the trailer and take all the bolts out then use a to strap and truck and just roll her over onto the trailer pulling across the trailer to drag it that way? or use a two by and slide it with the strap up onto the trailer so you dont have to worry about breaking glass?

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
possibly but I don't have a trailer. I have to find one of those first.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Just pull the bed off the other truck and set the one cab behind the other cab, that would look hysterical...