Shocks and springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Belltech 8000 nitro drop 2, shocks and DJM 2 in lowering springs cs2351-2. Listed locally. Im planning 4-6 or 4- 7 and am gathering parts. Will these springs and shocks work. Of course I know the springs will with the 2 inch spindles will get the 4 im wanting. But the shocks say 2 inch. Will they work. New in boxes never installed. They are asking 185. Or best offer. To me I can just about get the same deal online but these are local and been listed for some time now. If they will work for my needs what would be a fair offer? Thanks yall.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
2" drop shocks are the ones to use for a 4" drop.
Drop spindles do not require a shorter shock. They just reposition the spindle. The control arms retain the same travel distance.
It's the shorter springs that require the short shocks.
Those shocks are just O.K.
BellTech Street performers are much better.
Besides, that's too much for all 4, especially from a secondary seller. You can buy a Fr/Rr set, new, from B/T for about $170.00.

https://www.belltech.com/products/b...ruts/nitro-drop-2-shocks/front-rear-sets.html

For about 55 bucks more, you can get the much superior Street Performers.

https://www.belltech.com/products/b...treet-performance-shocks/front-rear-sets.html

bustedknuckles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thought that seemed a little much. I am going to cut the front springs and use DJM 2 inch spindles for 3-4 drop in the front and do a flip in the rear with upper and lower shock relocates. I already have 2 inch shackles on the back so I guess ill move it to the 1 in. Mark for 7 in the rear, so hopefully it will be level. Thanks for the links on B/T. Ill try and figure what shocks I need there. Im trying to get all parts together so I can do everything at one time. Rebuilt transmission, then ac compressor went, then looked at the slop in steering and found pitman arm shot, fixed that and waiting for new rag joint be delivered this week. Needs shocks all around and upper ball joint on drivers side so going to do that as I do the spindles. Seems like I've been trying forever to drop this thing but everything else gets in the way. Anyway, as usual thank you for your help.