Shock Boots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I got shock boots with my lift kit. The shock boots went on the front with ease but the rears are a different story. Rough Country already installed the bar pin so now the boot won't slide over. Any suggestions?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I figured it out. For future reference:
Use a vise to push the bar pin out and put the boot on then push it back in the same way. And also RC's shock bar pins dodn't fit the truck so we had to use the ones off the stock shocks. It did take persuasion but it worked!

jarede525

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And also RC's shock bar pins dodn't fit the truck so we had to use the ones off the stock shocks.

I did the same thing. I left RC's on there for a week and it tore up the bushings. So I got some Energy bushings and took the pins out of my old Bilsteins! Worked like a charm!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I couldn't even get the 2nd screw through so before I even installed them, the stock ones went in :shrug:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My rough country shocks fit perfect an I managed to get the boot over the bar but it wasn't easy.