Sharp-eyed photo expertise needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
u can also notice the OEM chrome outlining the wheel wells. Looks like a short bed to me though

im going to have to dissagree with a few people but i think it is a reg cab 4x4 short bed. if you look at the body lines and didtance from the mirror to the back of the cab it looks like a reg cab. the overall wheel base and bed length is most def a short bed.

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Well, that's not the first time somebody said it's a short bed, so I guess I should find a scientific way of finding out which type it really is.

Also not the first time somebody thought the Big Thief was a "dent." To that I say "He's not a dent, he's a defect." :evillol:

I don't think the "*** guy" is running, I think he's up on the tailgate or bumper, looking into or putting something into the truck bed.
I think that's a yellow rain suit he has on, and he had the hood up the whole time. (The :untitled: )

I forgot to mention the chrome trim in my list of things we know about the truck. I'll add that.
That list includes some things that someone thought they saw, but we're not 100% sure about, like caps vs. bed rails, etc. I might post that later so y'all can "chime in" on different items.

Thanks, guys.

Ol'Rover

Dirt Road Scholar
Reaction score
yea i could agree with a Regular cab shortbox 4x4, Silver or white & Dark Blue,Black, Maroon??? with bedrails...maybe not chrome tho...

i was joking about the *** thing... lol looks kinda like he has a flare on the front rather than OEM chrome?

Maine_Train

Reaction score
yea i could agree with a Regular cab shortbox 4x4, Silver or white & Dark Blue,Black, Maroon??? with bedrails...maybe not chrome tho...
I'll have to find a tech school or something around here where they can mathematize (new word) that to find out. Let the little nerds have a field day. (I can say "nerds" because I was one, other than being an underachiever, and math-impaired. Still am, actually. :wink: )

i was joking about the *** thing... lol
Oh, I got the joke, that's why I said it in quotes.
IR photos are tough because anything gray or yellow comes out white like that.

looks kinda like he has a flare on the front rather than OEM chrome?
Could be. I'll go back and have another look. Thanks for pointing that out.

RSTahoe99

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
there is also a reflection where the driver's side mirror would be, leading me to believe it is the OEM chrome mirrors. If that is true you can narrow your search down to 88-94 models as 95-up were black painted mirrors. 88-94 models would also be suggested by the paint job as well.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would be careful about taking pics and info all over your town though, thats if you want to catch them. if you just want them to stop post them up all over the place. personally id rather see them caught in action and punished to make an example out of them.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RCSB for sure. I'm pretty sure the center color is silver. But I'm NOT so sure about it having '88-'94 chrome mirrors. That little sparkle there could be a reflection in the glass and even the black of the newer mirrors can catch a sparkle sometimes. From the stance of the truck, I'm thinking it's a 4wd. The wheels look a bit like the 4wd alloys too. Also, it looks to have the smooth centercaps. Unless they swapped the center caps out, the smooth caps would make it a '96-'98 model.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i agree, however. the gmcs did have the 6 lug covers that came through the cap on atleast the 97. im almost 100% sure on that.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i agree, however. the gmcs did have the 6 lug covers that came through the cap on atleast the 97. im almost 100% sure on that.

nope. the change over from the 6-lug cap to the smooth cap changed across the board for all GMCs and Chevrolets.