Sharp-eyed photo expertise needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

71 cuda man

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just go get a 5 gallon pail of roofing nails & spread them around . Can't go to far on flats.Better yet get a 5 gallon gas can fill it with used oil & trans fluid & leave it out there.These boys probably aren't the sharpest tools in the shed & they'll think its gas.I had a crack house round the corner from me & started missing stuff from the yard so I did the gas can trick.Needless to say 2 days later they drove by in their car it was smoking & clattering real good.Never had a problem again

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Got distracted by the "Girls and Trucks" thread for a few minutes :naughty:, but I'm back.

I know the pic is terrible, but what are the chances the vehicle is a pickup truck, particularly the GMT400 I had photos of back in March and April?
You must be registered for see images attach

Any help would be much appreciated.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Can't be 100% certain but the taillight shapes and location of the taillights to the license plate looks right to me to be a GMT400 but maybe someone else could be more specific

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't be 100% certain but the taillight shapes and location of the taillights to the license plate looks right to me to be a GMT400 but maybe someone else could be more specific

Oh, I'm absoltely certain that his most recent pic there is a GMT-400. If it's the same truck as before, then it's a pickup for sure, but from just the most recent picture, I can't be 100% on whether it's a pickup or SUV.

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like 1bad, I'm 100% that it is a GMT400. Doing some playing around with the photo, it is possible it is a 2 tone like the one you posted before.

Maine_Train

Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks, guys.
That was really very early in the evening for the thieves to be out, but maybe they were just checking out the area. Nobody really should have been on that road after dark, anyway.

That new cam is in a different location than the original one, and it's supposed to be very good at "seeing" license plates. Of course, when it's the local police patrolling through, it gets some great pics of the plate. When it might be Freddie Felon and his pal Joe Dirt, not so much . . . :banghead:

Maine_Train

Reaction score
And the latest:
Somebody might have retired their GMT400, because we now have the name of somebody who tried to sell some material like what we had stolen. A different make of truck, registered to that guy, was photographed after dark one night in October, obviously "scoping out" the materials.
Last week, we got back a large quantity of the stolen stuff, and saw a lot of similar stuff that wasn't ours. I think somebody else in the area got ripped off, and I think I know whose it was.
Suspect #1 has a long record, but I don't know if any of it was felony-level before this. The stuff we got back is worth over a grand, so he and his accomplice got some 'splainin' to do.
Still a lot of work ahead to tie it all up neatly for prosecution, but we're better off than we were earlier this year. :cool:
Thanks again to the "Squint Squad," for trying to puzzle out the plate number on the truck in the photos. :waytogo: