Shake/Vibration when Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two things stand out, the tiny trailer wheels and the axle not carrying any weight from the front ATV.
Those are the spec’d tires for that trailer, which is a common and popular Atv trailer. Towed smooth as butter in exact configuration with my 2018 Z71. And, I believe no issues before I did rear suspension.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Tiny as they are, I don't see why they'd make the steering wheel shake? My eye would be on the front end and I know you threw down on the good stuff caman. But if it's all still tight, what are your alignment values? When does it shake? Accel/braking/steady state/all of the above?

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not laughing at you, it just caught me off guard cause that’s not what I was expecting.

A lot of times those tiny tires aren’t “rated for hwy use” and they don’t have to comply with stringent concentricity regulations.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tiny as they are, I don't see why they'd make the steering wheel shake? My eye would be on the front end and I know you threw down on the good stuff caman. But if it's all still tight, what are your alignment values? When does it shake? Accel/braking/steady state/all of the above?
New front brakes/rotors last fall. Everything is perfect not towing. When I got inspection last fall, I heard mechanic who was checking it out, he called over to other 2 working there and said “this is what a front end is supposed to be like”. Not many miles since then. I can’t imagine front end feeling any better honestly. If I can’t trace this down, I will get alignment checked.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are the spec’d tires for that trailer, which is a common and popular Atv trailer. Towed smooth as butter in exact configuration with my 2018 Z71. And, I believe no issues before I did rear suspension.
What's the wheelbase of the 2018? Is the hitch at the same height (tongue angle) on both?
Small tires are more prone to twitchiness, that's why I mentioned them. Think riding a scooter vs a motorcycle.

So many factors determine a truck and trailer setup, change one thing and your results will be different.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not laughing at you, it just caught me off guard cause that’s not what I was expecting.

A lot of times those tiny tires aren’t “rated for hwy use” and they don’t have to comply with stringent concentricity regulations.
I know you, of course your laughing!!!!
But, they are DOT approved and the spec’d tires are rated C for that trailer. Mine are D rated. So, tires are rated beyond spec.