SEMI Turbo Wing for Spoiler???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Until now, 93crewcab’s build was my favorite. Sub’d

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha #DriftTruck.
Mounted how ur 3rd option showed. Dual ehaust pipes coming out just below the wing

Well it is a 5spd with a swapped 350 and since I gotta redo all the rusty brake lines anyway.

I already picked up some $80 ebay shortys and a $67 y-pipe off amazon, plus have a few 3" mufflers to choose from, longtubes be more ideal but I spent all my budget on the wing LOL

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Been watching some of your videos on and off and I have a question for you... when you buy the cheap ebay heads of questionable quality and then bolt holes dont line up or ports dont match or they have casting defects or whatever the problems are you fix them. I was wondering why dont you just buy cheap used factory heads and do port work and such on them instead of spending a bunch of time fixing problems with cheap ebay heads??

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When Erik posted this picture I just lost my **** laughing ...
“ The Our Lady of Perpetual Downforce racing team actually has their Cessna wing welded to their roll cage.”
Their car is pretty fast, but it ain't because of the wing. They did it as a joke, but the car is fairly fun to watch. The Wonder Woman theme on the car is just icing on the cake.
So who ever it was that said don't mount it to the roof, well they already do that.
I said that. Just because somebody does it doesn't make it a good idea. If you have much angle on that wing, it'll be putting a couple hundred pounds of force on your roof. If you do roof mount it, you'll want to find a way to spread that force out to the A and B pillars. But, hey, you do you. I'm the only guy who's actually given you advice on how to do this.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been watching some of your videos on and off and I have a question for you... when you buy the cheap ebay heads of questionable quality and then bolt holes dont line up or ports dont match or they have casting defects or whatever the problems are you fix them. I was wondering why dont you just buy cheap used factory heads and do port work and such on them instead of spending a bunch of time fixing problems with cheap ebay heads??

Those generic ebay cheap castings are used by the Blueprint Engines, AFR for their new budget heads and Skip White(was also by KMJ but not sure if they still use this version)[a well know porter who I won't name, almost had me do a video of a ported set he was gonna offer but idk what happened, we'll see]. Several people have let me know of using them w/o problems one over 10k on the street. Now most cruisers don't see a lot of miles or performance builds get tore down and things broken and replaced a lot anyways. Alum heads don't hold their heat treatment forever and even good brands will soften up. Lastly a quality build with a expensive short block should use good brand heads and not these budget heads.

I also have a few sets of vortecs(used gm heads) they are a light casting, know for cracks and need machining for studs and then you need a VJ, surface, guides n so on. The cost of the ebay bare casting cost me less than getting a local shop to just VJ, guide liners & surface a set of Sportsman II heads AND the last shop messed up my Sportsman II heads that I have many hours into porting, so that money is gone! They are not the only shop to mess up my stuff and I went 1.5hrs away to them because of local shops screwing up.

I've bought and buy plenty of USA parts but I am not rich or cheap. I've had problems or know people who had problems with brand new out of the box American made heads/parts. I've still not used these heads and any issues I find will be told in future videos. There are plenty of people using and making videos of cheap china turbos and no1 seems to care.

I also have videos of Sportsman/Dart II heads and in the future prob will make other brand name cylinder head videos. The Procomp set were used and I borrowed them. Used GM heads aren't practical and haven't been for awhile, the cost of correcting and modding them is a waste unless you do it yourself. I plan to buy some tools to mod the vortecs that I have but I have several sets for slap together builds that'll not last long, so that kinda makes it worth it for me. Camel junk or w/e were out dated and a waste of time & money 20 yrs ago. I think Trickflow only used the name and stupid humps for their new Aluminum castings.

Well that was a bit long but figured I'd cut to the chase on a few things that often get brought up, think I got everything. Cylinder heads are a hobby of mine and I've looked at most the angles. For my budget type low mile builds ebay heads are cheaper than redoing a set of used heads and basically disposable. that said don't buy used Procomp or ebay generic heads unless you know the seller and the miles cause they will most likely be used up and cost more to refresh than a new set. The ebay heads have great ports & chambers that I can't create out of cheap cast iron or oem iron heads, material is just not where it needs to be.

BOOT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I said that. Just because somebody does it doesn't make it a good idea. If you have much angle on that wing, it'll be putting a couple hundred pounds of force on your roof. If you do roof mount it, you'll want to find a way to spread that force out to the A and B pillars. But, hey, you do you. I'm the only guy who's actually given you advice on how to do this.

I don't plan to roof mount it and never said I did, so advise yourself all you want.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I'm a clown, always have been. I had a '79 Cutlass Salon that I made part Jeep, part Road Warrior movie heap. It was great in the mud.
But I didn't go to a g body forum with hundreds of enthusiasts who are passionate about these cars and expect to be taken seriously. That would have made me an a$$ hat.

What do you mean "would have" .......... :badger_1::anitoof: