Who has installed a tailgate spoiler?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked one up for my 89 but wondering how to attach. The center section seems to be pretty strait forward. Bolts and riv nuts or rivets. The side wings I'm kind of stumped on. Some sort of adhesive? Glass them in?

They will eventually be molded in with filler or glass when I paint, but not sure what to do until then.

Attachments

• 20231021_110018.jpg
    20231021_110018.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 14

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I picked one up for my 89 but wondering how to attach. The center section seems to be pretty strait forward. Bolts and riv nuts or rivets. The side wings I'm kind of stumped on. Some sort of adhesive? Glass them in?

They will eventually be molded in with filler or glass when I paint, but not sure what to do until then.
That's a modified copy of the '06 Silverado SS Intimidator edition spoiler. On the original application, there's a couple small metal brackets that are used to attach the corner pieces. If they did a reasonably good job of copying the originals, you could bend up some brackets to adapt to your bed shape. Pics stolen from SilveradoSS dot com forums:

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

Beason

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a modified copy of the '06 Silverado SS Intimidator edition spoiler. On the original application, there's a couple small metal brackets that are used to attach the corner pieces. If they did a reasonably good job of copying the originals, you could bend up some brackets to adapt to your bed shape. Pics stolen from SilveradoSS dot com forums:

Richard
i was actually messing with some L brackets yesterday with this idea in my head. I cant figure out a way to line everything up, and thats when i made this post.

do you have any more pictures?