Seafoam lads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could some one tell me how, where and why to use seafood to help the old 350 get cleaner. I've heard guys on Fsc swear by it and figure why not give it a shot.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I put a can in my fuel tank, 1/2 can in my oil and 1/2 can I suck up through the vacuum line for the brake booster. When you suck it into the intake via the brake booster you have to do it slowly, then once it's all sucked up turn the truck off and let it sit 15+ mins. Then start it up, and give it a hard run.

Usually after this you'll want to change your oil in about 50-100 miles.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i usually will do a hole can in the vacum line. did that when i first got the truck (had 96000) and it smoked for about 5 or 6 miles. if you put it in the oil you need to change it shortly after because it will knock loose a bunch of dludge that will cloge the filter.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
seafood in the engine? i think that would make a mess :)
i didn't use seafoam, i used a product called b-12 chemtool. same stuff but only cost like $4.00 compared to $8.00
when i did my truck i sucked a full can into the vacuum line to the brake booster. had to run the truck at around 1/2 thottle to keep to from dying (smoked like crazy for about 15 minutes)

when i did it to my toyota avalon i ran full can in the fuel tank, 1/2 can in the oil for 20 miles or so and right before i change the oil i put the other have into the brake booster vacuum line while it was running and left it sit for about 30 minutes untill i was finished with the oil change (hardly smoke if at all)

8716valver

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've only done a half can in the engine. Smoked a bunch and I didnt notice any difference after.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i just like how it makes smoke come out the exhaust, normally just for kicks i do it in a public place like walmart and people think my truck is on fire