Saw this truck in town. Ooh-wee!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
'69 dodge charger r/t front end would....i BET $1 it would! But it has to be painted....ORANGE :evillol:

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not trying to call anyone a lier but these trucks take a amazing amount of abuse off road. My buddys had a truck for like 5 years been threw 4 motors, 2 trannys, 4 rearends now has 14 bolt. But the trucks still there been threw more than any truck should and will still run down the hwy at 80 strait and can be! Its what made me want an obs for sure. But I agree the ifs isnt ideal would take a older solid axle any day but you really can beat an ifs truck off road.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
True ifs is good for offroad, mainly with clearance, I'd prefer a leaf(for durability) or a coil(for flex) spring setup over the torsion bars though.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not trying to call anyone a lier but these trucks take a amazing amount of abuse off road. My buddys had a truck for like 5 years been threw 4 motors, 2 trannys, 4 rearends now has 14 bolt. But the trucks still there been threw more than any truck should and will still run down the hwy at 80 strait and can be! Its what made me want an obs for sure. But I agree the ifs isnt ideal would take a older solid axle any day but you really can beat an ifs truck off road.

Shoot dude I'm right there with him. I've had my truck 9 years 3rd motor, 2nd tranny, 2nd rearend, buncha sets of tires, and I've dragged it through the roughest years on any vehicles life 15 years old - 20 y/o....My truck has been to hell and back for sure. It still stands, and pretty well at that. I know what these vehicles can handle and endure, but I lost interest in mudding when everytime I wouild go I'd have to replace SOMETHING...My friends would say let's go mudding, and I'd say ok but you're paying. That shut them up quick. I still will go and pull out a friend. Only thing is you got to be a friend and I got to like ya but I still do it for fun. Otherwise, I like getting 5 years out of all my front end components like I did this past 5 years since I quit trashing on it. It's not a toy no more. If I ever get the heavy itch to start offroading again I'll build a specific mud truck.

Guys once I get this realift kit on bet I'm gonna go do some testing though :D
I've just now got it setup to be put on Monday :D:D

Last edited:

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Does it include the lowering kit for the front diff? If not, I'd get it if i were you, it's a cheap add-on.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You talking to me? There isn't any modification to the front diff with the real lift...just the tranny crossmember needs to be lowered from everything I've read, plus brett would have definitely said something if we needed to lower the front diff...

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Ah I thought you were getting the re-location kit that relocates all suspension mount points downwards....I'm so lost right now haha.