Saw this truck in town. Ooh-wee!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
LOL you must HATE my truck then. If I wanted to go muddin' I'd buy an older body style solid axle for sure. IFS isn't made for offroad even though the little sticker says otherwise. I like trucks that are super clean whether lifted or lowered and that are taken care of and nice. That's what I appreciate. The way I see it, whether dropped, lifted, or slightly modded all the red headed sted child beat up trucks that people half ass care for is more common than anything, so I just appreciate anything that's tastefully done, well equipped, and cared for.

On a side note, I do want an older reg cab solid axle mud truck later on down the road though.

I beg to differ, my truck never had a problem offroad, but I would prefer SFA

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hahaha yeah well it's one thing to build a truck for the apocalypse (winch, crazy bumpers, hi lift jack, especially rolling super swampers and never going offroad? etc. etc.) and not use any of it but for me I'm just trying to build a clean truck that's not functions just as well if not better than a stock truck, which it does.. I love riding high and the view in traffic, not to mention the look :evillol: I don't really have any offroad **** done other than my realift tbar relocator, and double shocks but that's for looks too.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I beg to differ, my truck never had a problem offroad, but I would prefer SFA

I don't doubt that you were ABLE to take it offroad (I used to all the time as well) but it just simply cannot touch SFA as far as component wear or performance. Every time I went offroad I was replacing CV axles, tie rods, whatever...It's just not really made for it.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
People who dont offroad and drive on Super Swampers absolutely baffle me, why would you do that to yourself, the truck and the tires if you dont need them. Driving super swampers on pavement is about as smart as putting drag slicks on for the winter.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I don't doubt that you were ABLE to take it offroad (I used to all the time as well) but it just simply cannot touch SFA as far as component wear or performance. Every time I went offroad I was replacing CV axles, tie rods, whatever...It's just not really made for it.

Actually my IFS held up better than my friends 3/4 tons with SFAs, only issues I ever had with things breaking was the rear diff

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
People who dont offroad and drive on Super Swampers absolutely baffle me, why would you do that to yourself, the truck and the tires if you dont need them. Driving super swampers on pavement is about as smart as putting drag slicks on for the winter.

Super Swampers are to expensive, to rough, and wear out to fast to be used on road only

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really? :hmm: I've found it to be terribly weak. Aboslutely no flex to the IFS either, only out back. I find it useful for doing my daily driving and it's lasted a long time for pavement pounding but offroad, just not reliable. Quick pre-mature wear which makes the little bit of fun you get offroading = not worth it. Perhaps we both were doing different style of offroading as well :evillol: I used to give it hell.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, almost as noisy as the Nitto Mud Grapplers :D

Exactly essentially throwing $ out the window and the look isn't that great compared to an excellent tire like bfg toyo nitto TRAIL GRAPS lol anything else nitto I hate and found to be lousy wear wise.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Really? :hmm: I've found it to be terribly weak. Aboslutely no flex to the IFS either, only out back. I find it useful for doing my daily driving and it's lasted a long time for pavement pounding but offroad, just not reliable. Quick pre-mature wear which makes the little bit of fun you get offroading = not worth it. Perhaps we both were doing different style of offroading as well :evillol: I used to give it hell.

My offroad consisted of mud holes 40+ ft long and mud bout 2-3 ft deep and water over the hood or over trees, hill climbs, climbing dropoffs higher than the hood, and stuff like that