RV Cam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To be honest. I'm trying to become a cop. I will probably start up night academy once it opens. I'm doing a citizen academy right now to get my foot in the door. And I made my interest known.

Good luck, I have several in my family. Mostly Troopers though.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
i went through all but the psych exam for FHP but they said they were following more qualified applicants.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i went through all but the psych exam for FHP but they said they were following more qualified applicants.

Yea, OHP academy is pretty tough to get into but they pay great once your in & even better if you make the cut after their "boot camp".

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
So thats how sensitive this platform is, hmmm. I'm guessing GM left alot on the table in stock form with these trucks then. Plus I'm new at the auto game too & I know that effects alot compared to a stick. Maybe I'll look more into that 0411 PCM swap first then & follow it up with a HT383. I dont wanna get to extensive with this as its a daily driver but it definitely needs more get up & go than it has now.

If you have a completely stock motor, the best bang for the buck would be to go get a tune from black bear tuning. But if you want more then just a tune, do everything you want to do to it as far as heads, cam, injectors, etc, and then have black bear tune it.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
To be honest. For any LSX Tuning i'd have it dyno tuned. Everything is much better dyno tuned.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
To be honest. For any LSX Tuning i'd have it dyno tuned. Everything is much better dyno tuned.

I would agree. For any engine the best would be dyno tuning. Sometimes that is not always possible though.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Yeah but for the best bang of the buck it is. IDK about the whole datalogging and sending it back in to BBP for them to look at it. I don't know how that would work.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Actually I prefer a street tune, WAY more valuable than a dyno tune. Dyno's are good if you like to know your numbers, live street tuning with data logging is the pimp though. I only got one guy in the Tulsa area I'll let tune for me. He has tuned all his own set-up from mild to wild custom turbo LS swapped into a LT Camaro. Dyno's have their place but if you have a tuner who will go beyond just strapping it to the rollers & getting a safe A/F you'll see alot more out of your tune.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Well a dyno tune will do A/F ratios. Have you noticed most tuners let the car run on the dyno first? Most say it's to warm the engine up. In reality if the tuner is good, he is checking A/F Ratio and seeing what would be beneficial to you. That's why any good tuner should ask questions while tuning a customer's car.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a dyno tune will do A/F ratios. Have you noticed most tuners let the car run on the dyno first? Most say it's to warm the engine up. In reality if the tuner is good, he is checking A/F Ratio and seeing what would be beneficial to you. That's why any good tuner should ask questions while tuning a customer's car.

Exactly, dyno tuning is very limited. I would never rely on just a generic dyno tune. Most those tuners have a stockpile of tunes they keep on file. It makes it quicker to get a car into a safe operating range. They will take into account the mods to the car & drop a generic base tune into it then tweak what few parameters they can on the dyno to get a safe A/F while tryin to impress a customer with HP numbers. Plus a dyno can only load a certain way, they dont have variable loading like driving down the street. And not even all the dyno shops have units equipped to run loaded. Hence the difference in numbers people get from various shops using different dynos (like a Mustang dyno vs a Dynojet). A street tune is just much more in depth. But alot of people just really dont know and assume all "tunes" are the same as far as method to final result. I'll stick by my thoughts on dyno vs street when it comes to tuning. I'm not sayin the dyno isnt a good tool but there is better. Another factor would be the cost of laptop, good wideband sensor & gauge, tuning software & hours of tuning to be able to do a solid street tune. Alot of people arent willing to spend the money or just cant so a $4-500 dyno tune session is the best option for them. To get the absolute most out of a tune though you need live data logging with real world loading situations. but unless you know someone getting one done is far from cheap usually.

And honestly if your in a area with shops like Vengence, RPM & so fourth that have some of the top tuners they have enough tunes on file & tuning experience they can get you where you would be with a full street tune on a dyno & save you some money. But thats far from the case around here unless you wanna trailer it somewhere. Hell around here findig a shop or dyno tuner with enough LS engine experience to trust is hard to do without driving at least 2hrs away.